Global Financial Integrity (GFI) is a Washington, D.C.-based think tank specializing in research and advocacy related to curtailing illicit financial flows. GFI is a global leader in promoting transparency in the international financial system as a way to facilitate global economic development and reduce financial crime, money laundering, tax evasion, and corruption. GFI seeks a talented, motivated individual for the position of Senior Accountant.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Prepare and post general ledger entries and reconcile bank statements
- Ensure expenses posted to general ledger relate to appropriate grants
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and create reclass journal entries when necessary
- Maintain general ledger and prepare monthly and year-end reports
- Assist in preparing quarterly financial reviews, year-end audit and tax return preparation
- Build and maintain reports utilizing QuickBooks accounting software and spreadsheets
- Assist in creating the yearly budget and projections
- Perform year-to-year and budget-to-actual variance analysis including written explanations
- Prepare vendor payments on-line for approval by President & CEO
- Prepare monthly payroll, track vacation time, make insurance and retirement account payments
- Execute expense reimbursements in a timely manner
- Work with policy staff to prepare budgets for grant proposals
- Ensure payment requests are made to donor governments in timely manner
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of financial reports to donor governments
- Ensure that payments to all organizational partners and consultants are made in a timely manner
- Generate ad-hoc reports as requested
- Occasional HR duties (ex. onboard new employees with health coverage etc.)
- Additional duties as assigned by President & CEO
Required Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- QuickBooks experience is a must
- Experience with budget preparation and financial reporting for government grants
- Experience working with finance staff of NGOs outside the U.S.
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/collaboration skills
- Strong analytical skills required
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary range is $80,742 – $90,104 annually plus an excellent benefit package.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
This position is based in Washington, DC and is a hybrid position (i.e. work from home and the office). Candidate must be live within an easy commute (ex. using public transportation) to central Washington, D.C.
- This position reports to the President & CEO
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. This will be verified with preferred candidate before any offer is finalized.
- Schedule is Monday to Friday.
How to apply
To apply, please submit the following via email:
- cover letter
- three professional references including reference name, firm name, reference email, phone number and relationship to reference (ex. supervisor).
Applications submitted without this information will not be considered. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Accountant as the subject line. Applications will be accepted through June 23, 2023 with interviews starting as soon as eligible candidates are identified.
No phone calls please.